Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose & Impact
The Research Engineer will facilitate direct discussions with client subject matter experts, operations teams and other research engineers to understand facility and process questions regarding material flow, personnel flow, utilization, space constraints and bottlenecks. In this role, you will develop and implement simulation and optimization models designed to answer questions on making our manufacturing and supply chains more effective. You will be collaborating on project planning, model development and validation, deployment and long term support of the solutions.
- Develop and deploy simulation and optimization models to drive strategic and tactical decisions that (i) improve the sustainability of the food supply chain from farm to fork and (ii) help develop and improve processes for bio-based products
- Apply various modeling techniques to generate solutions to problems such as yield, efficiency, and throughput improvements.
- Lead projects and coordinate tasks with other project team members.
- Work collaboratively with internal business stakeholders and project managers to transform and visualize the data and model results.
- Summarize and present validated results and actionable recommendations.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field OR equivalent experience
- Experience with object-oriented programming frameworks (for example, Python, Java, C++, or C#)
- Experience with chemical process modelling and simulation.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience (graduate research included)
- Advanced English Level
- Master's degree or PhD in Chemical Engineering or related field
- Experience developing simulation and optimization models leveraging commercial software tools like Aspen Plus, Aspen Custom Modeler, gPROMS, AnyLogic, or similar.
- Experience with chemical kinetics, fermentation, or metabolic modeling.
- Experience developing models in one or more of the following: steady-state simulation, dynamic simulation, discrete event simulation, agent-based modeling, nonlinear programming, or mixed-integer linear programming
"At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment."
Bolsa de trabajo de LinkedIn
Encuentre el área de Cargill más adecuada para usted. Inicie sesión en su cuenta de LinkedIn y nosotros nos encargaremos de buscar los trabajos que mejor se ajusten a sus habilidades y experiencia.
El Compromiso de Cacao de Cargill se compromete a garantizar un sector de cacao que pueda progresar para las generaciones futuras.
Nuestra cultura de inclusión nos ayuda a darle forma al futuro del mundo.
La vida en
Descubra cómo una carrera profesional en Cargill puede ayudarlo a lograr su mayor propósito.