Senior Cloud Engineer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Cloud Engineer will design and develop the capabilities of the company cloud platform and the automation of application deployment pipelines to the cloud platform. In this role, you will be an essential partner and technical specialist for cloud platform development.
- Participate in a dynamic development environment to provide evolving customer solutions.
- Create libraries and application programming interface to automate components of the continuous integration delivery platform using appropriate system level language to help automate customer use cases.
- Develop automation capabilities in the cloud platform to enable provisioning of cloud services.
- Design continuous integration-delivery pipelines with infrastructure as code, automation and testing capabilities to facilitate automated deployment of applications.
- Understand application patterns for hosting in cloud and create new feature sets.
- Develop testable code to automate platform capabilities and operations.
- Participate in community forums, maintain awareness of new trends and recommend tools and techniques for the organization.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with cloud platform and automation including: including: AWS, Azure, Google, VMWare, OpenStack.
- Experience with configuration technologies including: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Experience conducting complex application development activities.
- Experience building and supporting fully automated cloud platform solutions.
- Experience working with cloud services platform for highly scalable production applications.
Experience with continuous integration and delivery practices.
Experience with data store (rdbms, nosql, object, block) and networking concepts (routing, network policy)
"At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law. Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment."
Bolsa de trabajo de LinkedIn
Encuentre el área de Cargill más adecuada para usted. Inicie sesión en su cuenta de LinkedIn y nosotros nos encargaremos de buscar los trabajos que mejor se ajusten a sus habilidades y experiencia.
El Compromiso de Cacao de Cargill se compromete a garantizar un sector de cacao que pueda progresar para las generaciones futuras.
Nuestra cultura de inclusión nos ayuda a darle forma al futuro del mundo.
La vida en
Descubra cómo una carrera profesional en Cargill puede ayudarlo a lograr su mayor propósito.